Part of a two step system the Tavy #007 Thin-Skin Glue will adhere to any surface elimnating the need to tear out any existing surface. The only surface preperation required is to have a clean surface that is free from oil, water, wax and dust. Used in conjunction with Thin-Skin Underlayment 100 sq ft roll.
The TAVY Thin-Skin Two Part Underlayment System was developed to provide an underlayment for tile that could be installed over any surface without adding additional height to the sub-floor. The Thin-Skin System is so simple that it can be installed by both professionals and DIYers.
The TAVY Thin-Skin Underlayment is simply trimmed to size and glued to the existing area, using TAVY #007 Glue, to create a surface suitable for setting tile. It’s as simple as elementary school arts and crafts.
- Tested by Tile Council of America
- Increase tiling applications by eliminating tear outs of the existing surface
- Allows for tile or stone to be set on any sound surface
- Lightweight and easier to transport (less than 15 lbs. per 100 square feet)
- NO dusty mess to clean up
- NO additional height added to any surface as opposed to current underlayments
- NO waste, all TAVY Thin-Skin Underlayment pieces are usable regardless of size and shape
- 25% - 50% lower cost than other underlayments
- One roll of TAVY Thin-Skin Underlayment and one gallon of TAVY Thin-Skin #007 Glue will cover 100 square feet
- Thin-Skin Underlayment is ideal for making templates for difficult cuts
- No need to buy or install nails/screws
- Minimize overall load weight
- Crack suppression up to 1/8 over concre